2024 SHEINX Global Challenge
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These terms and conditions govern participation in the SHEIN X Global Challenge ( Competition ). By participating in and submitting an entry to the Competition, all entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
1.1. In order to be eligible to enter the Competition all entrants must, on the date on which their entry is submitted:
- 1.1.1. be at least 18 years’ old;
- 1.1.2. not be an employee of, or an immediate family member of an employee of the SHEIN group of companies;
- 1.1.3. not be anyone professionally connected with the Competition;
- 1.1.4. not have previously participated in any similar design competitions operated by or engaged in design related work with any of the SHEIN group of companies;
- 1.1.5. the language of all application is English.
1.2. In the event that an entrant is unable to provide evidence upon request that they meet any of the eligibility criteria, SHEIN may (at its discretion) reject an entry or disqualify any entrant’s participation in the Competition, refuse to award a prize to an entrant or require the repayment of any monetary prize awarded to an entrant.
2. Entry Submission
2.1. The Competition opens for entry from 15 January 00:01 2024 and closes at 23:59 local time on 15th February 2024. Entries submitted after this time will not be accepted.
2.2. To enter the Competition, entrants must submit three (3) designs per entry ( Designs ). Each Design shall include one or more items, each of which will be part of a complete look. The Designs should be uploaded through our dedicated Competition web portal ( Website ) and every entry should, as a minimum, include:
- 2.2.1. the name and description of the Designs, which will appear on all communication and media coverage concerning the Designs;
- 2.2.2. an explanation of the Designs and the inspiration behind the Designs, along with the entrant’s personal motivation;
- 2.2.3. an explanation of the development process that the entrant took to develop the Designs;
- 2.2.4. digital images of the Designs including (without limitation) sketches (computer aided designs not hand drawn sketches).
2.3. All entries will be submitted in the English language.
2.4. Entrants may only submit one entry per person and any submission of more than one entry by the same entrant may be rejected and potentially cause the entrant to be disqualified.
2.5. SHEIN reserves the right to reject or disqualify any entries which:
- 2.5.1. are incomplete or do not fulfil the selection criteria;
- 2.5.2. contain designs which the entrant has commercially exploited or made available to the public either directly by the entrant or via a third party brand;
- 2.5.3. include profanity, pornography, indecent images or references;
- 2.5.4. are likely, in SHEIN’s reasonable opinion, to be considered offensive or inappropriate or could reflect negatively on the name, reputation, or goodwill of SHEIN or the Competition; and
- 2.5.5. are likely to fall foul of or breach any applicable laws or regulations; or
- 2.5.6. are likely to infringe the rights of third parties (including without limitation intellectual property rights).
2.6. All costs arising from the submission of the entries will be borne by the entrants. Any entries submitted will not be returned to the entrants.
2.7. Without prejudice to any other right or remedy which it may have, SHEIN shall be entitled to disqualify or terminate the participation of an entrant in the Competition for any breach of these terms and conditions or for bringing SHEIN or the SHEIN group of companies into disrepute.
2.8. An entrant may, at any time, withdraw an entry from the Competition by giving 5 working days of written notice to SHEIN.
3. Judging process
3.1. The entries will be judged based on the selection criteria for the Designs and according to the timelines as specified on the Website and the judging/selection process will be conducted as follows:
- 3.1.1. A panel of internal judges comprised of SHEIN retail and fashion teams will review all entries and select a list of 60 entries to be put forward to the second round ( Longlist ). The selection criteria will be: theme alignment, creativity and comerciability.
- 3.1.2. The internal judges' decisions as final and binding, and no further correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- 3.1.3. The Longlist will be publicly announced on the relevant SHEIN websites and put to a public vote where the public can vote on the Longlist ( Public Vote ). Votes obtained via the Public Vote will not ultimately determine all the winners but will be taken into consideration by the Expert Judges at the Third/Final Round.
- 3.1.4. If SHEIN has reasonable grounds to suspect that any entrant has unfairly manipulated votes for the Public Vote in any way (for example, paying for or unfairly obtaining votes or any other behaviour that falls outside the spirit of the public vote), SHEIN reserves the right to disqualify such entrants.
- 3.1.5. Following the closure of the Public Vote, top 20 votes for the Longlist will be counted and the results will be provided to the Expert Judges , which are a selection of, in principle, between 3-6 independent experts from the fashion industry.
- 3.1.6. From the top 20 most voted participants ( "Finalists" ) from the Longlist, 10 winners will be selected in this round in the manner explained below:
- 1st Finalist will be the top vote-getter, an automatic winner without further decision of the Expert Judges: The top vote-getter will win the top prize of the Competition.
- Among the other 19 Finalists, the Expert Judges will select 9 winners and the prizes will be distributed as below:
- Three (3) special prizes for 3 winners.
- Six (6) prizes for the other winners.
- The criteria used by the Expert Judges to select the 9 winners between the Finalists and also to make the selection between the different prizes, will be: theme alignment, creativity and comerciability.
3.2. The Expert Judges’ decisions as final and binding, and no further correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
3.3. The winners will be announced on the relevant SHEIN websites by 10 March 2024 and notified directly by email. If a winner fails to respond to SHEIN within 7 days of being notified of their win, SHEIN shall be entitled to select another winner.
3.4. Prizes will be as detailed on the Website and will be awarded to the 10 winners accordingly. SHEIN reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of the same or higher value, where it becomes necessary to do so, as determined by SHEIN in its sole discretion.
3.5. Award of prizes are subject to the terms of a prize agreement to be entered into between SHEIN and the winners. In the event that a winner: (1) does not comply with the eligibility criteria; (2) refuses the prize; (3) is unable to participate in the prize events or (4) fails to enter into the prize agreements with SHEIN within 7 days from the date of being notified of their win, SHEIN reserves the right to choose another winner.
3.6. All monetary prizes shall be payable in Euros. SHEIN will adhere to all indirect and direct tax compliance and reporting obligations where relevant in the those jurisdictions of the winners. The responsibilty of tax will be determined by the laws of each jurisdiction. For the avoidance of doubt, SHEIN will not be responsible for the payment of income taxes in those jurisdictions which local laws subject the recipient to the tax obligation.
3.7. Prizes are non-exchangeable, non-transferable and the non-monetary elements are not redeemable for cash.
4. Publicity and Promotion
4.1. By entering the Competition, the entrants agree to take part in any publicity or promotional activity surrounding the Competition. SHEIN shall arrange and cover the agreed costs of entrants’ transport and accommodation and will reimburse (subject to the provision of reasonable evidence) reasonable expenses incurred by entrants as a result of participating in such activities, excluding any travel insurance
4.2. The entrants hereby grant to SHEIN (and its sublicensees) their consent to make full, unlimited use of the materials recorded featuring the entrants at any publicity or promotional events.
5. Intellectual Property Rights
5.1. Each entrant hereby grants SHEIN a worldwide, irrevocable, sub-licensable, perpetual and royalty-free licence to use, display, publish, disseminate, edit and adapt the materials submitted in an entry, in any and all media, for the purposes of advertising or promoting the Competition and SHEIN, including but not limited to promoting, organising and marketing the Competition, announcing and celebrating the Competition winners and promoting any subsequent similar competitions.
5.2. The entrants acknowledge and agree that SHEIN is not responsible for obtaining or verifying any intellectual property rights relating to any Designs. The entrants further accept that it is the responsibility of the entrant to secure protection for their Designs which is being entered before submission of the relevant entry.
5.3. Unless otherwise agreed between the parties, all intellectual property rights in the Designs shall at all times remain the property of the entrant. Nothing in these terms and conditions or an entrant’s participation in the Competition shall operate to assign or license any intellectual property rights in the Designs to SHEIN.
6. Warranties & Indemnities
6.1. By submitting an entry, each entrant:
- 6.1.1. accepts that their entry will be made publicly available and will be capable of being shared by members of the general public across any and all media channels;
- 6.1.2. warrants that they are eligible to enter the Competition and have the right, capacity, and authority to enter into enter into these terms and conditions;
- 6.1.3. warrants that all statements made and information provided to SHEIN by the entrant in relation to the Competition are true and correct;
- 6.1.4. warrants that the Designs are their original creation and they are the sole owner of any intellectual property rights in the Designs;
- 6.1.5. warrants that the Designs have not been licensed to any third party and will not be licensed to any third party without SHEIN’s prior approval;
- 6.1.6. warrants that the Designs do not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party.
6.2. The entrants undertake to fully indemnify, keep indemnified and hold harmless SHEIN and the SHEIN group of companies against all costs, expenses (including legal expenses), damages, losses or liabilities suffered or incurred by SHEIN and/or the SHEIN group of companies arising from or in connection with (i) any claim resulting from the entrant’s participation in the Competition or any Competition-related activity, (ii) any claim by a third party that the Designs infringe their intellectual property rights and (iii) any breach of these terms and conditions by the entrant.
7.1. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall be deemed to limit or exclude the liability of any party for death or personal injury caused by that party’s negligence, fraud, or any other liability which cannot by law be validly limited or excluded.
7.2. Subject to clause 5.1, SHEIN shall not be responsible and will have no liability for (and the entrants hereby release SHEIN from) any and all claims, suits, losses, damages or costs of any kind, including, without limitation, death and bodily injury, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Competition or any Competition-related activity, or from acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use of any prize.
8. Personal data
9.1. The Competition is organised and administered by SHEIN Distribution UK Limited.
9.2. SHEIN will not be responsible for any system, technical, third party or natural circumstances or failures that prevent the receipt and/or judging of an entry.
9.3. SHEIN reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the Competition for any reason, including where causes beyond its control interfere with the administration of or proper execution or participation in the Competition.
9.4. SHEIN reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time without notice by publishing updated terms and conditions at the Website.
9.5. Where these terms are provided in a language other than English, in the event of any conflict or inconsistency the English version of these terms shall apply.
9.6. The Competition shall be governed by English law and are subject the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.